The National Advertising Division (NAD) of the Council of Better Business Bureaus (CBBB) was created by the advertising community in 1971 as the keystone of a program to :
- Provide a system of voluntary self-regulation.
- Minimize the need for government intervention.
- Foster public confidence in the credibility of advertising.
Today, national advertisers, ad agencies, consumers and regulators alike rely on the NAD to maintain the highest standards of honesty in advertising. More than 3,800 advertising cases have been successfully handled through this self-regulatory process, demonstrating a remarkable record of voluntary industry compliance.
Join the CBBB
To ensure impartiality, NAD was placed under the purview of the CBBB. Its policies and procedures are set by the Advertising Self-Regulatory Council, a strategic alliance of the Association of National Advertisers, the American Association of Advertising Agencies, American Advertising Federation and the Council of Better Business Bureaus. For more than two decades, national advertisers have relied on the NAD to help maintain high standards of truth and accuracy of national advertising claims, and to resolve disputes about advertising claims.
Corporate partnership in the CBBB is for National Companies based in the United States who want to show the public their dedication to the principles of industry self-regulation and ethical business practices; both in the traditional marketplace and on the Internet.
Subscribe to NAD Online Case Reports
- New NAD/CARU case reports online.
- Exclusively available from NAD and CARU.
- The only ad law archive of its kind - more cases than FTC, federal courts and federal attorneys general combined - online subscription includes archive of almost 4,600 NAD cases as well as new cases.
- Current cases and immediate online access as individual case is published.
- Convenience - on your PC, thousands of cases at your fingertips.
- Searchable by word.
- The online product that allows you to create your own archive, and manipulate the database.
- You can refer to cases for guidance in developing copy, packaging, etc.
- Reference for research substantiation.
- Can lift from database in case preparation.
Special CBBB member discounts up to 70%
For pricing and details, email:
Reshma Persaud at email@example.com